Rules of Conduct
The Library & Community Center welcomes its patrons to use its materials, services and building in a safe and pleasant environment, conducive to reading and learning.
PARTICIPATING IN ANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, OR IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES, IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING OR ON THE GROUNDS.
TO MAINTAIN PERSONAL SAFETY, PLEASE DO NOT:
1. Leave a child who needs care (generally under the age of seven) unattended in the Library & Community Center without adult supervision.
2. Request or expect staff to protect or monitor children, adults needing care or personal belongings.
3. Film, photograph or interview patrons in the Library & Community Center, unless approved by the Library Director.
4. Smoke, strike matches or light lighters within fifty (50) feet of the building.
5. Bring animals into the Library & Community Center, except service animals to assist patrons with disabilities.
6. Fail to wear proper attire, including shoes and shirt. (No cleats permitted.)
7. Skateboard, rollerblade or the like.
TO PRESERVE A PEACEFUL AND PLEASANT ENVIRONMENT, PLEASE DO NOT:
8. Harass users or staff, verbally or physically.
9. Carry a weapon into the Library & Community Center, unless authorized by law.
10. Use computers to display sexually explicit graphics or materials that are obscene, pornographic, or harmful to minors. (Computer use is first come, first serve)
11. Engage in disruptive or disrespectful conduct, including loud talking, rude language, making noise, running, pushing, and fighting.
12. Interfere with another person's use or enjoyment of the Library building, materials or services or with the staff's performance of their duties.
13. Patrons whose bodily hygiene is offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to other persons shall be required to leave the building.
14. Talk on cell phones (permitted in Main Lobby only). Do turn off ringers in Library & Community Center.
15. Play audio equipment so that others can hear it.
TO PROTECT OUR MATERIALS, BUILDING AND GROUNDS, PLEASE DO NOT:
16. Steal, damage or mark Library materials, premises or equipment.
17. Misuse the restrooms (e.g., as a laundry or bathing facility).
18. Use fire exits, except in an emergency.
19. Open or close windows (which may be performed by staff only).
20. Move or misuse furniture (e.g., sitting on work surfaces or putting feet on chairs).
21. Enter non-public areas without permission.
22. Consume Food anywhere in the library, unless it is expressly approved or provided for a Library program or event
23. Consume Beverages anywhere other than the main lobby, unless it is expressly approved or provided for a Library program or event. Beverages must be in a closed container.
24. Place bicycles anywhere on the grounds other than the bicycle rack.
PATRONS WHO FAIL TO OBSERVE THESE RULES MAY LOSE PRIVILEGES, MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE BUILDING AND GROUNDS AND/OR BE SUBJECT TO POLICE INTERVENTION, INCLUDING ARREST.
Approved by the Board of Trustees April 8, 2015